Liberals Continues to Invest in Islanders
Prince Edward Island is known for its compassion and our commitment to helping each other.
Since 2015 our Liberal government has worked with Islanders to help make the lives of our residents better, particularly for those who need help the most.
Our Liberal Government has announced a series of initiatives that will significantly help Islanders.
– 10 per cent increase to Social Assistance food rates
– six per cent increase to Social Assistance shelter rates
– A new Child Social Inclusion Allowance so children have greater opportunities to participate in activities like school trips
– A new Secure Income Program for Islanders who are unable to participate in the workforce
– A new 2-1-1 service for Islanders to call
– New help for Islanders looking to get a job
These new programs build on the hard work of government and Liberals. From the Generic Drug Program, to free tuition for 1,000 students, to $10 million in cheaper electricity, this government knows that we must invest in our province’s greatest resource – Islanders.